Chafford Arms
Chafford Arms

About Us

The Chafford Arms was built in 1851 by the Victorian architect George Devey who was also involved with parts of Penshurst Place and Swaylands (a large impressive mansion which can be seen from our garden). The Chafford Arms first got its licence when the Black Lion a mile or so up the road lost their licence when contraband was found in the cellar.

Fordcombe is a tiny village between Penshurst and Groombridge and some 4 miles from Royal Tunbridge Wells with its wealth of shops and the famous Pantiles.

This part of Kent is a haven for tourists to Penshurst Place, The Spa Valley Railway, Groombridge Place, Tonbridge Castle, Hever Castle, Chartwell & Knole Place.

For the climbers amongst you there are Harrison's Rocks and High Rocks close by and for the ramblers plenty of walks including the Weald Way.

 

Something Quirky!

 

There's nothing more British than a Red Telephone Kiosk. They've been a loved and welcome part of our country since the '20s. To protect these landmarks, the K6 models are mostly 'Grade II Listed Buildings'.

Designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott to commemorate the Silver Jubilee of King George the Fifth in 1935, it was the first to be installed across the country and is what most people think of as a telephone box. And we have one in full working order in our car park.

 

We have also featured on a "Waddingtons" Jigsaw Puzzle

Address

Chafford Arms

Spring hill

Fordcombe

Tunbridge wells

Kent

TN3 0SA

Telephone

01892 740267

email

chaffordarms@btconnect.com

 

 

Print Print | Sitemap
© chafford arms

Call

E-mail